An alfred workflow for launching google websites with desired email account ⌨️
the name of the search engine originated from a misspelling of the word googol, the number 1 followed by 100 zeros, which was picked to signify that the search engine was intended to provide large quantities of information.*
As someone who is always logged-in with mutliple gmail accounts at any given time, accessing a particular google service with desired account is painstakingly inconvenient and unproductive. This Alfred workflow is my attempt to address the problem.
The workflow does the trick by including a query parameter called
authUser that is used to specify user’s desired email account. For instance, the url to open mail using email@example.com would be
https://firstname.lastname@example.org. The neat thing about this implementation is that even if you aren’t logged-in using that email, it will open the site using the default user email account.
- Clone the repo.
- Drag and drop the .alfredworkflow to the workflows menu in Alfred app.
- Key in your emails in emails List Filter Input.
- Configure the hotkey to execute the workflow (optional)
Supported sites 💻
- [ ] fuzzy search
- [ ] option to switch the arguments
- [x] shortcut to execute the workflow