Love this? Please consider supporting its creator by starring or sponsoring this project on GitHub!
From the project's README:
ssh workflow for Alfred
A workflow for Alfred Powerpack users to rapidly open Secure SHell (ssh) sessions with smart hostname autocompletion based on the contents of
/etc/hosts and (optionally) Bonjour.
- Alfred (version 2.4+/3.1+/4.0+)
- The Alfred Powerpack.
- Python3 for v3.x+ (most easily installed/maintained with
sudo xcode-select --installor Homebrew)
- (optional) pybonjour
ssh in Alfred followed by either a literal hostname or by some letters from the hostname of a host referenced in any of
/etc/hosts, or (with
pybonjour installed) Bonjour.
Alfred 3+ only: workflow configuration is available by setting/changing Workflow Environment Variables (accessed via the [𝓍] button within the workflow):
- disable unwanted sources by setting the associated Workflow Environment Variable to 0; e.g.
- change the maximum number of returned results by changing
- add additional files listing valid host completions (e.g. for pre-seeding) by adding space-separated short-name=~/file/path entries to the
alfredssh_extra_filesWorkflow Environment Variable. Lines beginning with
#are ignored, all other whitespace separated words are assumed to be valid hostnames.
If you wish to have iTerm2 act as ssh protocol handler rather than Terminal.app, create a new iTerm2 profile with “Name”
$$ and “Schemes handled”
ssh (e.g. here and here).