Love this? Please consider supporting its creator by starring or sponsoring this project on GitHub!
From the project's README:
Lastpass Search Workflow for Alfred
Simple yet powerful integration with the Lastpass CLI so you can now get your passwords out of your Lastpass vault and straight into the clipboard from within Alfred.
Current version: 1.5.1
Requires Alfred 3 or 4 and LastPass CLI v1.3 or higher
- Ensure you have Alfred 3 or 4 installed with the Alfred Powerpack License
- Install LastPass command line interface
- using MacPorts:
sudo port install lastpass-cli lastpass-cli-doc
- using HomeBrew:
brew install lastpass-cli
- manually, see https://github.com/LastPass/lastpass-cli for details
- using MacPorts:
- Download and open https://github.com/lhaeger/lastpass-alfred-workflow/raw/master/LastPass-Search.alfredworkflow
lpsetemail firstname.lastname@example.org Alfred to set your LastPass username.
lpsetemail email@example.com- must be run when you first install/upgrade to version 1.2 or higher
lpsettimeout NUMSEC- Set number of seconds until your login times out (where NUMSEC is an integer such as 28800, if you use 0 that will keep you logged in until your computer restarts)
lplogin- Log in to LastPass
lplogout- Log out of LastPass
lp <query>Search Lastpass vault for item containing
<query>can be a literal string or a regular expression
<query>is matched as case-insensitive substring against the name, folder or username fields of your lasspass items.
- If multiple
<query>strings are provided (separated by whitespace) all of them need to match.
- Press RETURN to copy the password to clipboard.
- Press Shift-RETURN to copy the username to clipboard.
- Fork it!
- Create your feature branch:
git checkout -b my-new-feature
- Commit your changes:
git commit -am 'Add some feature'
- Push to the branch:
git push origin my-new-feature
- Submit a pull request 😀
- Version 1.5.1
- Updated workflow icon
- Version 1.5.0
- Homebrew switched to use
/opt/homebrew/binas default path now. Add this path to binary findings. (thanks to Andreas Krüger)
- Remove the
--trustoption from the login command, since this will remove the multifactor option. (thanks to Andreas Krüger)
- Add support for searching by username
- Reformat Perl code using perltidy
- Homebrew switched to use
- Version 1.4.9
- Fixed a filesystem access issue, probably introduced with security inprovements in macOS 10.15.6 (?), causing LastPass login to fail.
- Updated install instructions in Readme.
- Version 1.4.8
- If no folder/category is set for an entry in LastPass the CLI returns the literal text "(none)", which is then displayed in Alfred. Removed it (as well as translations in other languages).
- Version 1.4.7
- Changed mechanism for copying to clipboard. Now marks passwords as transient, Alfred will no longer store them in the clipboard history.
- Updated icon submitted by Tom Conroy has been merged in (thanks for this Tom!)
- Version 1.4.6
- Updated to work with Alfred 3 (long awaited official release of the long-in-testing beta version).
- Username display functionality submitted by Guillermo Moreno has been merged in with some minor changes (thanks for your hard work Guillermo!)
- Released with my apologies for the delay in getting this version out of beta... my masters course was INTENSE this semester, thank you to all of those that waited patiently.
- Version 1.4.5
- Fixed detection for when login has timed out, now correctly requests login.
- Fixed rare cases of login-script loops.
- Improved speed of copying usernames.
- Updated documentation.
- Version 1.4.4
- Merged in Ariel Barreiro's code submission which better handles two factor authentication (2FA).
- Version 1.4.3
- Fixed binary so that it is ACTUALLY updated (my bad #oops)
- Added a tweak to SIGNIFICANTLY speed up password copying to the clipboard #enjoy
- Version 1.4.2
- NOTE: This version requires the LastPass CLI v 0.7.1 or higher due to this new feature --> Login process completely changed over to use AppleScript (cleaner and nicer). This was thanks to work between myself and Bob from LastPass who maintains the official LastPass CLI to add a feature allowing an external login prompt to be used.
- Login password prompt now uses an AppleScript password prompt.
- Fix to allow you to search for words in any order.
- Vault item's which now require re-authentication will pop up the AppleScript login prompt.
- Has now been tested with a Vault with over 30,000 items for performance tweaks. (I have since been told by LastPass support their soft limit is significantly lower than this at ~2500 items explains why I was having some issues in testing).
- More resilient escaping of text in the XML to ensure that special characters should not cause any issues.
- Fixed missing quotes in some areas that could cause issues with spaces.
- Squashed a little regex bug and wiped up the goo.
- Fixed issues with spaces in certain paths we referenced
- Fixed how the initial login process is run after a reboot. This required the changes made to how we manage the login process and it has subsequently been cleaned up significantly.
- Other minor general tweaks.
- Version 1.2
- Bug - Removed deprecated framework code
- Bug - Merged pull request #4 from jsquyres "we-love-macports-too" to support macports installs of the lastpass-CLI
- Bug - Further improved on jsquyres code to support some additional install locations.
- Bug - Fixed bash script reliability, after two login attempts the script was often failing.
- Improvement - Improved sync behaviour to better support extremely large vaults.
- Improvement - Added new 'lpsync' command to force a sync on demand.
- Improvement - Changed behaviour to store login email in your Apple Keychain (set with
- Improvement - Added the ability to set the logout timeout and store in the keychain (set with
lpsettimeout NUMSECwhere NUMSEC is an integer such as 28800, if you use 0 that will keep you logged in until your computer restarts).
- Improvement - Added hotkeys to the main functions.
- Version 1.1
- Removed code that worked around an old buggy version of pinentry
- Fixed incorrect handling of no search results found (previously reported CLI tools were not installed)
- Version 1.0 - Initial Release
Created by Stuart Ryan (<= v1.4.7)
Updated by Lothar Haeger (>= v1.4.8)
Released under the GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE Version 2, June 1991
NOTE: This Alfred Workflow is not affiliated in any way with LastPass. The LastPass trademark and logo are owned by LastPass.com. The LastPass logo and product name have been used with permission of the LastPass team.
My thanks go out to LastPass for their awesome product and the new CLI!