Love this? Please consider supporting its creator by starring or sponsoring this project on GitHub!
From the project's README:
This was made for my own use and to test my library for writing Alfred workflows in Haskell alfred-footman. It can search locally and online simultaneously while filtering the results for duplicates. The default keyword is
Possible actions on results
- Enter on a result opens the item docs in a browser.
- Enter+Shift opens the package docs of the item on Hackage or locally.
- Enter+Ctrl opens the module docs of the item if any on Hackage or locally.
- Alt+Enter opens the package docs of the item on Stackage.
- Cmd show the docs if any below the item.
- Cmd+Y or a tap on Shift opens a quicklook window.
- Cmd+C copies the function name.
Download binary from releases or check build section
Settings are available via the
Use a alternative server
Enabling this changes the server address from
for use with commands like
stack hoogle --server.
Use a local database
Local search is disabled by default, enable it from the settings.
When searching next you will be prompted to build a database.
The indexing takes a while but reports back when its done.
The default source for the database is stackage.
It can be set to a local folder with a Alfred file action,
any packages in this folder will be indexed then.
It’s possible to trigger a rebuild of the database anytime if needed.
If both online and local search is enabled results will be merged and filtered for duplicates,
by default the results from the local search take precedence, this changeable in the settings.
Some settings are available as workflow variables in Alfred:
- The alternate address, default
- The number of local search results, default
- The number of web search results, default
For triggering via applescript, as an example use it with Vim to lookup the word under the cursor:
nnoremap <silent><Leader>ho :silent execute ':!/usr/bin/osascript -e ' . shellescape( 'tell application id "com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred" to run trigger "ext_trig" in workflow "se.meck.alfred-hoogle" with argument "' . expand('<cword>') . '"' )<CR>
./build.hsscript, this makes
- Open it with Alfred