Yandex Translate for Alfred
Author: Michael Kalygin
Last Updated: 09/12/17 21:13:19
Yandex Translate workflow for Alfred
(powered by Alfy).
$ npm install -g alfred-yandex-translate
In addition you need to set your Yandex Translate API key and Yandex Dictionary API key in the workflow environment variables.
To setup both keys do the following:
- Generate new Yandex Translate API key here or use existing one from My Keys page.
- Generate new Yandex Dictionary API key here or use existing one from My Keys page.
- Open Alfred preferences.
- Click on the Workflows tab.
- Select the Yandex Translate workflow.
- Open the environment variables panel.
- Paste your Yandex Translate API key in the
- Paste your Yandex Dictionary API key in the
There are two commands available:
ytc– configures translation direction. Shows all available options to select from. Default is
yt– translates input query using current translation direction. Outputs translation. Use Enter to copy the translation in the clipboard. Use ⌘ Cmd + Enter to enlarge the translation text.
You can also setup shortcuts for often used translators. To do this, open the workflow editor and do the following:
- Paste it and connect with the
Copy to Clipboardand
Large Typethe same way as original
- Open edit dialog for new script filter.
- In the Script field add translation direction you wish to use to the end of the command. For example,
./node_modules/.bin/run-node scripts/translate.js "$1" it-ru.
- Change Keyword and Placeholder Title to something more meaningful for you.
MIT © Michael Kalygin