Use Alfred to quickly open notes in iCloud/Apple Notes.
Search Notes.app with Alfred
- n to search note titles (this also lets you find notes using the pattern “[folder name] [note name]”)
- nb to include note body text in search
- nf to search note folder names
- enter to open the note/folder
- cmd+enter to copy the note body to the clipboard
- alt+enter to copy notes://[title of note] to the clipboard
Note Opener/Note Opener.app to make notes:// urls open the relevant note when clicked.
If you’re on macOS Catalina, download version 2.1.0 of the workflow. If you haven’t used python 3 on your computer before, you may need to install the Xcode developer tools by running the following command in a terminal:
If that doesn’t work for you, or you’re on an older macOS, try version 1.4.3.
Stay up to date
Be notified of new releases by watching this repo or subscribing to the Alfred forum thread.
By default, results are ordered based on the modification date of the note. If you want to order results alphabetically, change the environment variable.
Custom icons will show up when a folder name begins with an emoji, like
📗 Misc in the screenshot above. Add your own icons to the workflow’s
icons folder and tweak
get_notes.py to see them in Alfred. The default icons are from Emojitwo.
If you enjoy using this workflow, consider donating!