Love this? Please consider supporting its creator by starring or sponsoring this project on GitHub!
From the project's README:
iMessage 2FA Workflow for Alfred
Find two-factor authentication codes in your recent iMessage messages.
- Download the latest version
- Install the workflow by double-clicking the
- You can add the workflow to a category, then click "Import" to finish importing. You'll now see the workflow listed in the left sidebar of your Workflows preferences pane.
- By default, only messages received in the past 15 minutes will be searched
- You can change how many minutes to look back by changing the
- Tutorial: How to set workflow variables
2fm to view the most recent two-factor authentication codes from iMessage messages.
Select a 2FA code and do one of the following:
<enter>to copy it to your clipboard
⌘+<enter>(command + enter) to copy it to your clipboard and paste it into the active app window using simulated keystrokes
- Some websites (e.g. Wells Fargo online banking) don't support pasting a 2FA code, so this will instead simulate typing the code
- In order for this to work, you MUST grant Alfred automation access to
System Events. If you haven't already done so, you will be prompted to grant access. See here for more information about Alfred automation.
⌥+<enter>(option + enter) to copy it to your clipboard and paste it into the active app window using the system paste (similar to pressing
This workflow was developed for use with Alfred 4.