- Created by BenziAhamed
- 🗓 Last Updated: 31/12/21 01:55:20
- 🌟 Stars on GitHub: 342
- Love this? Consider supporting the creator by Starring or Sponsoring this on GitHub!
- Get Workflow
- Get Source Code
From their README
Search through menu options for front-most application - an Alfred Workflow
Based on the implementation of ctwise's Menu Bar Search.
m in Alfred to list menu bar items for front most application
You can filter menu items by name, or do a fuzzy search.
m new tabwill match the menu item New Tab
m cwwill match the menu item Close Window
ℹ️ 👉 Running on macOS Catalina and beyond
If you face issues from Catalina or beyond, in relation to not being able to run the workflow due to security issues (e.g. malicious software checks), have a look at https://github.com/BenziAhamed/Menu-Bar-Search/issues/4 for possible workarounds.
I am aware of this outstanding issue and will fix it.
You can change the workflow environment variables to fine tune menu listings
-show-disabled true/false controls if diabled menu items should be shown (default is false)
-no-apple-menu true/false if true, no menus items under the apple menu will be shown (default is true)
-max-children number how many sub-menu items to load for each menu item (default is 30)
-max-depth number how many nested levels if sub menus should be listed (default is 10)
1.0 - Initial Release
1.1 - Added Fuzzy Text Matching for Menus
If you have a menu item
New Tab, then typing
m ntin Alfred will match
New Tab, since
tmatches the first letters of the menu text.
1.1.1 - Changed run behaviour to terminate previous script, this makes the experience slightly more faster
1.2 - Completely native menu clicking, removed reliance on AppleScript
- 1.2.1 - Performance improvements when generating menus using direct JSON encoding
- 1.2.2 - More performance improvements while filtering menu items
1.3 - Added
-asyncflag to allow threaded scanning and populating of menus
1.4 - Added
-cachesetting to enable menu result caching and also set a timeout for cache invalidation
- 1.4.1 - Invalidate cache (if present) after actioning a menu press
- 1.4.2 - Slide the cache invalidation window forward in case we get invalidated by a near miss
- 1.4.3 - Speed improvements to caching, text search and fuzzy matching
- 1.4.4 - Added
-no-apple-menuflag that will skip the apple menu items
- 1.4.5 - Tuned fuzzy matcher, allows non-continuous anchor token search
1.5 - Faster caching using protocol buffers
- 1.5.1 - Reduced file creation for cache storage
- 1.5.2 - Better support for command line apps that create menu bar owning applications
- 1.5.3 - Protocol buffer everything - microscopic speed improvements, but hey...
- 1.5.4 - Added various environment variables to fine tune menu listings
- 1.5.5 - Tweaked ranking of search results for better menu listings
1.6 - Added per app customization via Settings.txt configuration file
1.7 - Universal build for M1 and Intel
1.8 - Fixed the universal build