- Created by markjaquith
- 🗓 Last Updated: 13/08/20 21:56:25
- 🌟 Stars on GitHub: 2
- Please consider supporting the creator by Starring or Sponsoring them on GitHub!
- Get Workflow
- Get Source Code
From their README
Alfred Silent Mention
Alfred 4 workflow to silently type
#hashtags without them being linked or parsed by Twitter, Slack, iMessage, and more.
For example, you can type
@stop on Twitter without poor Doug Bowman getting a notification.
Or you could type
Amazon.com in Slack without a big annoying preview loading in.
- Have Alfred installed.
- Have the Alfred Powerpack installed.
- Download the Silent Mention workflow file, and double-click it to add it to Alfred.
- Customize the keyword if you want (default is
Invoke Alfred, then type
silent @username or
silent amazon.com or
silent #hashtag and hit return. The thing you typed will be pasted into the frontmost app, but will not be seen as a username mention, a domain link, or a valid hashtag.
How It Works
It works by inserting an invisible
U+2060 Word Joiner character in a location that breaks the parsing.
U+2060 is a special character that means “the things on either side of me should stay stuck together”. So, to Twitter, it looks like
@stop, but to a human's eyes, it is just
- And more