- Created by rhydlewis
- 🗓 Last Updated: 08/08/22 06:50:57
- 🌟 Stars on GitHub: 278
- Love this? Consider supporting the creator by Starring or Sponsoring this on GitHub!
- Get Latest Release
- Get Source Code
From their README
🚨 Workflow no longer supported 🚨
- This workflow no longer works with macOS 12.4 'out of the box' ☹️
- Therefore this repository is deprecated
- Please use alfred-search-omnifocus instead
Search OmniFocus Alfred Workflow
What is this?
This is a workflow for Alfred that performs free text searches on OmniFocus data.
Why would I want such a thing?
Well, I want it because I can't quickly search for, say, a task within OmniFocus using OmniFocus' search field. OmniFocus restricts search results to the current perspective or selection. Other people have noticed this too.
How to install
.workflow file from the Releases page.
How to use
This workflow only works with OmniFocus 3.
Searching for tasks
- Search for all tasks within OmniFocus (irrespective of status) with
.sc to search for completed tasks only.
Searching for tasks in the Inbox and the Library
- Search for all tasks within OmniFocus (whether you've processed them or not) with
Searching the inbox
- Search the OmniFocus inbox with
or just list all tasks in the inbox with
Searching for projects
- Search for projects with
Searching for tags or contexts
- Search for a specific tag with
.tor context with
or just list all tags with
.lt or contexts with
- Search for a specific context with
Searching for perspectives
- Search for a specific perspective with
or just list all perspectives with
Searching for folders
- Search for a specific folder with
or just list all folders with
Searching for task or projects notes
- Search for a specific note in a task or project with
- Search for a specific note in a flagged task
- Search for a specific note in active task
- Search just for active tasks with
or just for active projects with
- Search all flagged tasks with
or for flagged and active tasks with
- Show the 10 most recently modified tasks with
or show the 10 most recently modfified and non-completed tasks or projects with
- Show overdue or due items with
- Dean Jackson: the Python library for Alfred workflows does most of the heavy lifting. Excellent stuff, thank you.
- Marko Kaestner: I used the in-depth workflow to provide some insight into how to search Omnifocus.
- Danny Smith: for providing a new, and quite frankly, much improved workflow icon.