- Created by sballin
- 🗓 Last Updated: 23/02/23 02:03:22
- 🌟 Stars on GitHub: 440
- Please consider supporting the creator by Starring or Sponsoring them on GitHub!
- Get Latest Release
- Get Source Code
From their README
Search Notes.app with Alfred
Search titles or create a new note if none was found
Search note titles and bodies
Search folder names
- enter to open the note/folder or create a new note if none was found
- shift+enter to search for your Alfred query using the Notes in-app search
- cmd+enter to copy the note body to the clipboard
- alt+enter to copy a link to the note to the clipboard
You can generate links to any of your notes and use them on macOS or iOS. Copy the note URL by pressing alt+enter on an Alfred result or paste it using the snippet. This will generate two links. The first one works on macOS Big Sur (11) and newer, and the second one works on iOS.
Download the latest version of the workflow. Alfred version 4 is required.
- Try searching for a note
- If a warning dialog appears (see image below), click "Cancel" rather than "Move to Trash". Then open System Preferences > Security & Privacy and click the "Open Anyway" button near the bottom
- Approve additional requests for permission as they appear
- If there are any other issues, make sure each of the required permissions, if present, is enabled
If you get a permission-related error, especially after installing updates to macOS, try disabling and re-enabling these permissions.
Try disabling and re-enabling the above permissions. If that doesn't work, also try restarting Alfred or restarting your computer.
Email notes are not supported
This workflow doesn't support notes stored with Google or other internet accounts. Please make sure either iCloud or On My Mac is selected as the default account in the preferences of Notes.app.
Customize search behavior
Result ordering and title+folder search behavior can be controlled using the environment variables.
By default, the workflow checks Github for updates every 24 hours. This can be disabled by removing the connections to the "Check for updates" block in the workflow.
If you want to compile the binary yourself, you can go into the "search_notes" folder and do
Big thanks to...
- All who have submitted pull requests
- drgrib for allowing me to build off the alfred-bear workflow
- threeplanetssoftware for the apple_cloud_notes_parser from which I copied the protobuf handling
- lslz627 for help with protobuf and tables
- Artem Chistyakov for a much improved way to create links to notes
If you enjoy using this workflow, consider donating!