- Created by shmulvad
- 🗓 Last Updated: 01/05/21 16:53:38
- 🌟 Stars on GitHub: 19
- Please consider supporting the creator by Starring or Sponsoring them on GitHub!
- Get Latest Release
- Get Source Code
From their README
⭐ If you find this repo useful, please consider starring it to let me know.
Installation and Getting Started
- Install alfred-tinypng workflow.
- All further updates are handled automatically.
You will need to configure the workflow with an API key from TinyPNG. Type
tinypng_api to get a link to the page where you can get your API key and to actually set the key when you have gotten it.
The workflow only supports Python 3.6+. If you have any errors running the code, try changing the
pythonDir workflow variable to the the path at which you have Python 3 installed.
Select either a folder, image file or a number of image files in Finder. Afterward, open Alfred and type
tinypng. You are presented with the following choices:
Choose an item based on what you want. When selected, the workflow will start compressing/resizing the image(s). After it is done, they will be saved to the same directory and with the same filename as the original image. By default, the original image will be preserved with
.bak prepended before the file extension. I.e. if compressing
img.jpg, this will now become
img.bak.jpg and the compressed image will be saved as
img.jpg. You can choose to always override the image(s) by changing the workflow variable
Refer to the TinyPNG documentation for a full explanation of the different resizing options.
Why? Another TinyPNG workflow already exists
- It doesn't support choosing the files based on what is selected in Finder (which I personally prefer).
- Only simple compression is supported whereas all TinyPNG compressions and resizing options are supported in this workflow.
- It seems to be abandoned by the creator (has not been updated since 2015).
The workflow makes use of the following: