Love this? Please consider supporting its creator by starring or sponsoring this project on GitHub!
From the project's README:
Alfred GIF Search
Here's an example of searching and inserting a GIF in a google doc:
Animated stickers are also GIFs, but they typically tend to have
a transparent background. Here's an example of how animated stickers look like:
- Download the latest release.
- In Alfred, run
- To search Giphy, you first need to obtain a (free) API key.
- Set the API key as a workflow variable named
- In Alfred, one of the following keywords followed by search query:
gif: search Tenor for GIFs
giphy: search Giphy for GIFs
sticker: search Tenor for stickers
gsticker: search Giphy for stickers
- Use arrow keys or mouse to browse the GIFs.
- To copy the selected GIF to clipboard:
- To copy the URL of selected GIF to clipboard:
- To drop the GIF into apps that support it:
- drag from Alfred and drop into that app
Firefox and Chrome don't support pasting GIFs from clipboard. That is, if you copy a GIF to clipboard and paste it, it shows up as a static image, not an animated GIF. This is not a bug in this workflow, but rather just the way these browsers have decided to handle GIFs.
Both Chrome and Firefox support drag-n-drop. If you use either of these browsers, sorry, you gotta use the mouse!